I always wonder if one's feelings is influenced by one's surroundings - including people and happenings.
There is also this thing called "biological clock" which seems to be THE explanation for the change of one's perceptions or preference in different stages of life. Also this thing called "hormone change" which also seems to be THE reason why one will feel that different way during certain age.
So, the above will explain why all kids think about is play; teenagers, studies (be it naturally, or forced to haha...); twenties, career; thirties, lifestyle... whoopss... okay, marriage and kids. That comes into picture at various stages for different people. I guess.
I used to think that being single is all I wanted till the end of my life. Okay. Rephrase. I would like to get married IF there is this man worth getting married to, but I always feel that I will be contented being single all my life.
Not that I'm not happy now. But when the biological clock ticks and hormone starts to change I do feel like I want something else in life. Still, a partner IF there's a right one, but like today, I felt like I want to have a baby.
It was like this... I went shopping with MC for her maternity clothes. Not that she's that big, but she can do with some I feel because she does need more room for certain part of the body, but also over-sized clothes look baggy and made her look fat. When she emerged from the changing room with her first outfit, BIL and I was like, ah huh... you look like "one" now. :)
While waiting for her, I was looking at some really cool and pretty maternity dress. It makes you feel like wearing one haha... trust me. It's very encouraging looking at those trendy maternity wear, spaghetti trap, smart shirt, cool pants etc etc... And those baby apparels! Sooo cute.
I can't wait for my little niece/ nephew to be born, and most of all to grow up a little. I told MC I will do "baby on loan" arrangement with her later. I lately feel that it's so cool to bring along a baby to say parties, tea, shopping, gathering etc etc...
You see what I mean by the effect of biological clock and hormone? Haha...
Perhaps one is influenced by the people around you. If all your friends are single, perhaps you tend to stay single. But when you are surrounded with mums and babies, you might just want to be part of them. :)
Don't you feel so too?
5 comments:
I agree with you!!!
When I was in UK, i have never feel like i wanted a baby. Perhaps like your theory that we were surrounded by single or married couples who still have no kids or don't plan to have one. Even walking on the streets you seldom see pregnant women. Or perhaps just that we are too young and not ready.
When i am back here, wow.. everywhere you turn when you went out shopping you will see pregnant women. We are constantly surrounded by families.. smaller and older generation. I guess life also settled a bit for us and we have hit the age whereby our biological clock has naturally kicked in to want a little addition to the family. Your BIL is actually very excited about this although he always appears cool.
Actually not even us, mom also has the grandmother biological clock. She has gone hyper for this soon to be born grandchild!
You can have my kid on loan to parties. hee..give me some free time. HA HA HA HA
Ppl say the way to a man's heart is thru his stomach...
With your baking skills surely men are lining up til Mars for you right? Plenty for you to pick and choose from ;)
Yes MC, definitely loaning your baby :)
Gymaddict, unfortunately the liking stops at the cake. Guys only like my cakes and not the baker... the last time i checked, there's no one in the line. sigh.
Totally agreed with you.
I've been the phase where all my friends got married & came to question myself why am i unloveable?
Came to realised i can't be jumping to any guy for the sake of getting married.
I'm just afraid that I won't have the chance to have own kids...
I can live without a hubby but that will a selfish act & eventually unfair to my child.
I m thinking of adoption. I'm still weighing the pros & cons.
I'm happy being single... well it will be a bonus if the right man comes along..
Everything happens for a reason, we should be counting our blessings.. =)
A well written blog..
Cheeky gal, let's have faith :)
I'm sure our right guy will "drop by" one fine day. Single life can be as happy as we want it to and only if the right man appears, otherwise, we shouldn't just get married for the sake of getting married like you said. :)
Post a Comment