modified on 16 Nov 10.00am (because I was too sleepy last night to write up certain things - SORRY if you've read this already last nite)
Can I count how many things I expect everyday? and was I happy with the outcome most of the time, or disappointed? Actually I can't even remember because I cannot be bothered?
While we grow older, we grow to expect more, from our life, from our family, from our friends. At the same time, we also grow OUT of expectation with more stuff, more people.
How often do we creat our little "ideal ending" for the episodes we go through daily and expect the stories to end like fairy tales do? Can we always achieve what we've planned for ourselves? Even if we can control how we deal with matters in hand, can we control other people's doing? Their reactions? Their feelings?
The one very small matter that I've gone through, and is still going through now and then, is the Law of expectation and disappointment towards text messages (This might sound familiar to you but I'm seriously talking about ME, not insinuating anything or about anyone). I send text messages out naturally expecting for a reply. I cannot be bothered whether my mum reply to tell me she'd got my message; I'm ok if my sister reply my text with only a "k"; I will call up my cousin if she doesn't reply my message (haha... can't I have just called her in the first place?); But I must become disappointed when certain people do not reply my text... only certain people. And, there will be time I ask myself, what do I expect this person to do anyways? Right?
Would it be more soothing to my heart if I just set a lower expectation, or no expectation at all towards people around me? At the same time receive lower expectations from others towards me (or just don't expect anything from me)? Perhaps no one can ever meet the expectations we set for them because we ourselves might not even be able to meet those expectations ourselves.
The world is full of differences. The higher your expectation, the more your disappointment.
6 comments:
hmmpphhh... what a disappointment.. i expected something unexpected. *roll eyes* talking bout expectation ya..
heehee...
Hm ... Dear.. About the expectation on Text msg, I have been through there. Until a stage that person explained to me that he is not a phone person, and he doesnt reply every sms that he received. It hurt a bit at that instant. But, after that, my expectation became lower for sms from him. And, I realised that I feel much happier, I will not be bothered by non- reply. I know he still reply me if urgent, or important stuffs. Sometimes, we kinda forget that not everyone the same. Every single person takes things differently, that is why everyone has different expectation towards the same thing.
:P
My two sen...don't expect anything. That way, when something does happen, it's aa pleasurable surprise.
And, if your gut tells you something isn't right, listen to it, move on.
SC
Hey dear, I know how it feels. Been there, done that...and life goes on. ;)
MB
Yeap yeap.. totally understand how you feel... =p i better type more when i reply to you next time.. aaahh ha ha ha
Well.. my thought:
It is hard not to have expectation towards friends especially those we are close with...
But trust me, is good not to have any expectation. Dont expect any returns. Really dont expect any returns.
You give, doesnt mean ppl will give back to you, rite?
So, just give and be happy!
Get it? Und?
Post a Comment