Friday, April 18, 2008

Pump It

I always make mental notes to blog about this, but so far didn't mention yet - I really find this parking attendant at MML annoying. Every time I leave the car park, she will make me hold up the parking ticket to her for aaaaaaages before she finally "notice" me (AND my BIG car) stopping by the side of her booth. And then she will take her own sweet time to verify the FF stamp before she let me out. Humphhh... Okay, cool. Know what? I notice tonight that she is actually quite an elderly woman, still had to work and perhaps having poor eye sight. So, I should really be nice.

I realize that I'm not the only few who are choosy about instructors. Today's BP was more filled up than most of the weeks with a more "interesting" crowd. Some really "terror" members were in the house. Most members carried super heavy weights - for squat one of the ladies was doing 17.5kg and one guy doing 22.5kg - with the tiny lady instructor doing 15kgs. No wonder instructor said no more 10kg plates available for her. I felt really weak carrying 10kgs for my squat weights!

So, due to the fantastic turn up for the class of this replacement instructor, the best spot I could get were right at the back, in the middle. Nothing to complain about, I like being at the back, just that I was flanked by this newbie - nothing wrong with him, just worried that he might have bad "space management" - and the other side by this guy who carries 7.5kg for warm up - also nothing wrong with heavy warm up weights, just thought he was wearing a bit of this show-off look on his face. But, I'd to say, his show-off lasted as long as the warm up track. Then after he was using 10kg for squat (same with me), 7.5kg for chest (if I remember correctly, but weak-me was already carrying 6kg lah), 7.5kg for back track (same here), can't remember what for triceps, and I think was 5kg for biceps... no weights for lunges (how can? I was doing 6kg today - bar!)... Anyways, so bad of me to comment other people's weight selection. Whoopsss...

Today was back to mixed tracks. There were some familiar tracks which meant was bad because those were familiar tracks from Carebear's playlist. The one I found most torturing is the Boom boom back track. I could never manage well with 6 clean and presses. The triceps track which started off with kick-back was really effective for me - I find that I can work my triceps muscle better with kick-backs - I could really feel my triceps muscles worked out during stretching time. Although I generally hate (fear) biceps track, I like this particular short-and-furious track, Pump It! Oh, the abs track was one of my favorites too - Shake Your Tail Feather. Like the punching bit towards the end. Oh, and the reason why I was using bar during lunges was because there were squats in that track. So didn't hug weights which I will usually do during lunges.

Earlier, it has been really busy at work. I didn't fall asleep in the meeting this morning because I was chairing it. A new colleague just joined us and I was also busy "talking" to him the whole day. Young guy, 26 years old (young lah compared with me) and looks like he could perform well. Hope he last long in the company.

There are actually loads to do at work, I better set my priorities right tomorrow!

By the way, I'm changing MG's nickname to MFG...

And when are you leaving for China again? Have a safe trip TD!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

20th to 27th...I miss your lovely yummy cuppie cakes :(

Have a great weekend and great week next week!!!

TD:)

TTB said...

I baked, but carrot cake with cream cheese frosting... want?

Anonymous said...

Hi TTB,

How to eat lah? I am flying off today at 9am :(

Wait for next round...yummy...

TD:)

PrettySweetBoy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
TTB said...

Erm... prettysweetboy, I dun know... I've not been to bd step for so long. Anyone can donate some info on that here pls? thanks. p

TTB said...

TD! I nearly forgot the date you flying off, somemore u told me so many times, pls forgive me my queen. When you come back then...