Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Compatibility

Had breakfast with MC and BIL this morning at a local coffee shop near our house.

TTB: Aunty, I want two pan mee, and one of them vegetarian.
Aunty: Okay, so don't want meat.
TTB: Yeah...
Aunty: Want shredded mushroom?
TTB: Yeah...

Aunty: (shouting from her stall to our table) Want fried onion oil or not?
TTB: (after MC who was vegetarian this week shook her head) NO!
Aunty: Want ikan bilis or not?
TTB: (BIG roll eye)
MC: (Took over) Mine no, hers yes.

We got this. MC's no meat WITH ikan bilis. Mine got meat NO ikan bilis.

!!! What happened to the "standard" one??? I only said ONE was vegetarian. Humph... after all those questioning still got wrong. Some more started nagging the waiter (the husband) AND "the customer's (a very cranky TTB).

TTB: (Raised voice - very far remember? From table to her stall) IT'S WRONG. BUT DON'T WORRY, WE WILL SORT IT OUT OURSELVES.

TTB: (Amidst Aunty's nagging) IF YOU CONTINUE TO ARGUE WE WILL BE LEAVING!!

MC later tried to "defend" the aunty by saying maybe her ikan bilis are "vegetarian animal". Right. Make complete sense now. Kekeke...

Okay, I was cranky. So what? Grrr... I was even crakier when MC said we need to visit orphanage this weekend but then had to go through a discussion about how much other activities we need to avoid and it didn't seem we have enough time. And when I said since MC had to work this Sunday, we will have to delay haircut for another week. And MC said "I can't go haircut this Sunday". Roll eye.

At second breakfast with boss and colleague later. The topic of my confrontation with THAT colleague was being brought up. And since I was in my cranky mood, I didn't even try to be nice by reserving some of my mean comments. Don't. Care.

Towards lunch time, my big boss asked me so many times about the other colleagues who didn't follow at our heels to leave for lunch "where are the rest?" ..... "where are the rest?".... "where are the rest"...................... "where are the rest".......

TTB: I do not babysit them.

Ishh.... "jaga mulut"! First of all, I wasn't in my patient mood to answer to a malfunction-radio-sound-alike (wei... watch my mouth!), secondly I was extremely annoyed by "the rest" who took their own sweet time till I had to answer for them.

So I chant on my way to lunch "Calm down TTB. Calm down TTB. Calm down TTB..............."

Right, I'm cool.

But you know what? Geezz... certain people are just not compatible with each other. For instance, some people will just make me go really cranky and annoyed. I just can't cope.

AND, don't start commenting that I am having period. Geezz... THAT, especially coming from a guy, is VERY rude okay.

Today's gym class was bad. The instructor had mistakes in every single track. I was really frustrated and went the extend of giving up some of the moves mid track. Okay, TTB was cranky today remember? I don't think instructors are supermen/ women but at least be professional and try to limit mistakes to just one or two tracks? And not 50% of all the tracks? Mistakes were noticeable not because I just went to the same class yesterday, but cueing was given and then the music ended. Obviously. No? Haiya...

Anyways... while I just can't live in harmony with some people, certain people can give me the calm and serenity by just being around me. Yes yes... so I am bias.

TTB: Can you try not to pursue your career in X Country?
MFG: Do you want to go to X Country?
TTB: Hmm... I will consider if you really must go, I will just follow you there.
MFG: :)
TTB: I want to keep your cake supply close to you, FedEx doesn't do cake delivery you know?
MFG: :D

Seriously, FedEx cannot delivery cakes. So, I'm sorry, can't take orders from Penang or JB.

TTB sounding sweet and patient to end her day... Hehe...


Oh! And you know what? My cupcake order (and physical delivery that will take up some time) is cancelled for this Saturday, which means I have all the time to bake and prepare for orphanage visit. :)

And. MC doesn't have to work this Sunday. So haircut it is. :) :)

Happy ending.

3 comments:

MasterChef said...

tee hee hee... yes.. i noticed your mood ^_^

Very good description of our breakfast encounter. Feel like laughing out loud reading it. Hee..

Well as for the class.. at least the instructor true to his word, got down to do 30push ups as punishment.. yes.. i still agree with you that should not have so many mistakes. Occasional one or two are ok...

Anonymous said...

fuyohhhhh
GROUCHYnyaaaa......
where the pan mee stall ar? i dowan to go there la...later the aunty mixup my bowl...end up i wont enjoy it...

psst - next time know who to send if u in grouchy mood... MFG ;p ;p

LGM

TTB said...

Kekeke... LGM, you are so right.

MC, I know we will still go back to that class lah. I'm sure the next one will be quite perfect. :)