If you call it a good deed at all.
We have meant to visit the orphanage for some time. Like months ago? But kept delaying because we were busy. Lame excuse, I know. What made me gave the lame excuse was the lack of time to bake for the children. Yeah, I really want to bring them something I bake instead of just buying them something from the supermarket, or just giving money to the principal.
So, finally, this was the week we decided that there should be no more delay. I can't really remember how many children were there in this shelter, MC suggested that I bake two cakes. We just found out from one of the aunties who takes care of the children that three cakes will be ideal since the boys are quite big eaters. Haha... boys are cute huh? I got a bit erm... uncomfortable (to put it mildly) by another aunty (not the formally mentioned one, but a new one) when she started demanding for four cakes, and then cheesecakes - the ones with biscuit and Philadelphia cream cheese. Geezz... okay, she really knows what the kids want, but wait ya, I need more funding before I can afford four cheesecakes, not to mention not having enough fridge space to chill four cakes. Humph... Maybe when TeaRoom is commercialized.
Anyways, besides delaying the so called good deed, someone up there decided to throw in a couple more challenges before I could finally make it to the visit WITH the cakes. For starter, I was really juggling time between work, project work and baking. Short supply of flour (because I threw away a few packets which had grown bugs - what do you call them?), castor sugar (luckily mum has some stock of her own) and icing sugar. I didn't get so lucky with icing sugar because non of the grocery shops in my town sell it, one very promising shop was short supplied itself. So instead of getting ready the cakes on Saturday night for our Sunday visit, I had to do some last minute decoration after I got the icing sugar.
And you think I had just went out to Jaya Jusco and got my supply. No, they were facing shortage as well. Okay, what are you guys doing with buying up ALL the icing sugar? When I finally found my supply at Econsave (yeah, had to go that extend), I had to queue up for 45 minutes just to pay for 2kgs of icing sugar. Therefore running extremely late on the visit, which had later made my trip to my hair cut a super rushing one.
Phew. But it's all done now. And enough for my long winded story. Here are the cakes.

Chocolate chips butter cake with butter icing

Marble cake with chocolate butter icing
1 comment:
Hee.. but at least with the hardship it is finally done!!!!
And i felt so much 'lighter' after this is done.
Next project.. a tea time party.. Dec ya!
oh... the cakes are so cute!!!!!!!
I bet the 2nd 'aunty' must be awed.. hee hee...
Post a Comment