Thursday, January 1, 2009

Next time I should write it down

There again... I was talking to MC at Starbucks this afternoon about some blog title and topic and... I forgot! Again.

I had to go to work tomorrow. Sigh...

I planned to go to gym for some workout until I was tempted to go shopping with MC. Went to The Curve and it looked quite peaceful when we arrived compared with what I saw on TV last night about the countdown at TC. Since I've sort of overspent, I didn't want to buy anything but just to window shop. And I wish those credit card sales people can take no for an answer, instead of persisting on and on and on about, well, I have no clue what they were going on and on about. All I did was replied "happy new year" when he greeted me. You pay for being courteous sometimes.

We had late lunch/ tea at Starbucks. The waiter/ barista was a bit annoying - didn't speak clearly and cracking jokes which were not funny at all. Humph...

MC said my blog title was supposed to be the WIG - Wildly Important Goals. Or something like that. Oh yeah. We were saying, instead of calling our new year resolutions as resolutions, we shall call them WIG. Maybe CID - Crazily Important Dreams?

My CID would definitely be to open The TeaRoom. Next year.

After enjoying our first half of this public holiday, we went to pick up a 5-year old kid. I amused myself by creating some very funny question and answers with this extremely smart kid...

Aunty TTB: Can you speak Cantonese also?
Kid: Can
Aunty TTB: Wah, correct answer.

Aunty TTB: Do you speak Mandarin?
Kid: Yes
Aunty TTB: Very clever
Kid: Correct answer ah??

Haha... You see, sometimes when we were asked the "Do you..." or "Would you like to..." or "Are you..." questions, our answers would normally be "can". Well... can, but yes or no? In school, our answers would ONLY be considered correct if we answer the "yes I DO" or "No I WOULDN'T" or "Yes I AM" correctly.

Kid: One tree will grow one fruit. (or something like that) Either mango, or rambutan...
Aunty TTB: What about watermelon tree?
Kid: Watermelon cannot grow on trees. They "live" on the ground.
Aunty TTB: Oh... so clever. Do you know why watermelons can't grow on trees?
Kid: Because ah...
Aunty TTB: Because they are fat, so they can't climb on the trees
Kid: NO LAH!!!

Hehe...

Later at home...

Kid: Aunty MC, may I use the toilet please?
Aunty MC: Okay


I like this kid. Very well manner.

I must say, the possibility of kids (or even adult) constructing that question into this is high - "Can I "borrow" your toilet?" Heh... direct translation from Chinese.

Okay. Since I didn't workout this morning, I decided that I really MUST go for a jog around the neighbourhood. It was great, MC and cousin came along and we had a good workout, plenty of fresh air and great gals chat.

I'm working tomorrow but the girls and boys will be going to the zoo. Enjoy!!!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

So funny post....

Kid: One tree will grow one fruit. (or something like that) Either mango, or rambutan...
*of cos ler...How nice if we can haf one tree which produces many many different types of fruits... CHUNNNNNN*

Aunty TTB: What about watermelon tree?
Kid: Watermelon cannot grow on trees. They "live" on the ground.
*eh... VERY CLever lar this kid...*

Aunty TTB: Oh... so clever. Do you know why watermelons can't grow on trees?
Kid: Because ah...
Aunty TTB: Because they are fat, so they can't climb on the trees
Kid: NO LAH!!!
*Aunty TTB ... U So crap lar u... ok explain... How come Durian's can grow on trees? It's oso BIG & Heavy ma...*

heheheheh!!!

LGM

Anonymous said...

Theoretically durian are lighter than most watermelon for one.

But still I think durian grows on trees because they are the King of all fruits and they should 'live' higher than other fruits. As for melons, you know la, due to earth's gravitational pull, they will 'sag' as time passes. And you know sagging melons don't look good up on tress right? :P

TTB said...

LGM, this is a VERY bright kid!!! And one good thing, one VERY good thing about this kid is he never scream! I cannot stand when kids scream... Okay.

Aunty TTB doesn't know why durian cannot "live" on tress, but there is a professional explanation from the fruit seller already. - Are you REALLY a fruit seller huh?

Actually on the topic of fruits. Ah boy said watermelon will fall down if they "live" on trees because too heavy. I also asked Ah Boy then how come ah, coconuts can "live" on trees? They are also heavy... I haven't even put in the part about bananas yet hehehe...

TTB said...

By the way LGM, durians can "climb" onto the trees because they got spikes, so can hang onto the tree trunk and onto the branches while they move their way up. :p :p :p

MasterChef said...

This kid drove cousins crazy today at the zoo.. and cousins are all drained of energy before this kid. HA HA HA.. i had some really amusing conversation with this kid too.. but i can't remember what now. Must jot it down next time!

Oh.. and Aunt TTB nick name is the evil Aunt. Mwah ha ha ha ha..

By the way, the kid was looking for you today ah! He must have like you a lot.

TTB! You should write about the bananas.. that conversation made me so geli hati!

TTB said...

HUH!?!? I provide SWEET stuff to indulge him and i am the EVIL AUNTY????? Humph... no cupcake for that kid!!!

Anonymous said...

Watermelon cannot 'live' so high because if they fall, PECAH~!!! But if coconut or durian fall, we can only see ppl rushing to the crash site to look for the fruit. kekeke!! And don't get me started with bananas. haha!!

I guess The BIG Guy, did think of everything when he created these fruits. :P

TTB said...

okay okay, Fruit Seller, no need to talk about banana... erm, u quite expert in fruits also hor. haha...

Anonymous said...

Actually hor, I only eat apple (red and not green), bananas and watermelon. OK la, I drink coconut too. But other then that, I don't take any other fruits.

TTB said...

Haiyo, how like that? How to be fruit seller? You must try and know all fruits before you can recommend to customers mah

Anonymous said...

OK, let put it this way. People selling pesticide do not need to try it out before selling it out right? kekeke :P

TTB said...

hmm... okay okay. yes you are right. Like if i sell anything with beef in my menu, i won't try that either. haha...