Friday, February 6, 2009

Supportive

Went through my usual FB routine in the morning and I sort of figured out the resignation of FI. Hmm... peculiar. Why? So I texted the person in question and he confirmed that it was true, however, was sort of forced to resign. Just because of one member's complaint. Can that be true? I was quite baffled. What about the other hundreds of members who support his classes? Irrelevant? FF really do treasure each and every member it has and always try to please everyone by attending to their complaints ever so seriously. Thumbs up?

Perhaps I should complain about that instructor whom I'm not happy with as well? That person will be banned also?

I bet that was why sometimes we complain. I've learnt that certain complaints are not only silly, but also quite harmful. If our complaints cost someone to loose his/ her job or get suspended, but in return, we do not get any reward then I strongly feel that it's unnecessary and rather sinful. There should be a good reason to complain, e.g. to defend our rights.

Then again, the member who complained might not have expected this outcome, don't you think? Every instructor has different teaching style, so long as they keep to the course modules, ensure that we workout under safe environment and correct technique it doesn't really matter how he speaks or behave, does it?

Okay, I'm lying. I actually cannot stand some of the instructors' teaching style. So... just don't attend those classes. Right or not?

When a company receives a complaint from a customer about their staff, of course the management must handle it professionally. But does that mean that the company should withdraw all its support towards the staff? Me being an employee, I expect my company, my boss to support me no matter what happens. Lecture and warning can come after we have dealt with the situation and post mortem can be done for further improvements. But if support is not forthcoming from the company, then perhaps the company doesn't treasure you as the employee. So should you be supportive to the company then?

There have been such havoc at government level these few days. I don't really watch/ read news, and don't follow politics, but I heard that some people resigned and join some other people etc etc... Where is the support when your team needs you? It is true to say that during adverse circumstances, you will find out who really is your friend, who will support you. Those who betrays will definitely have to face the bad karma they created for themselves.

I've also learnt throughout the years that your staff's success is yours; same goes to failure. If I can turn back time, I will make sure that I do not rate any of my subordinates lowly, neither would I complain about their performance. It is up to us/ you as a boss to make sure they perform.

Okay, let's try to be supportive whenever we can to whoever that might be. You'll never know when you need the same.

Wishing for the best for everyone in need!

6 comments:

MasterChef said...

I agree with you at a lot of your points. Especially the one on if your staff is not performing it is your fault. These days a lot of employers do not take enough responsibilities. Also taking the 'customer is always right' to a bit too extreme.

Well.. i wish this instructor all the best. Has always enjoyed the classes.. sad ...

Anonymous said...

I agree with you completely. If I were to compromise half of my life, working my butt off for my company, I would expect it to return the favor by always having my back. After all, employees are your most valuable asset.

As for the instructor issue, if you dont mind telling, is he/she a gx instructor? and if so? which gx class? because theres a few gx instructors that i look up to and been going to their classes religiously. it'd be ashame to let talented instructors go, all because of one single complaint.

TTB said...

As a customer, i'm not sure if i should be glad that ff is taking customer complaints seriously...

Anon, the gx instructor is a guy, quite senior, been teaching for like 5 years, he teaches (used to teach) pump, step, attack erm.. vive, jam (not sure still teach that or not lately). Teaches at mostly KL clubs... Can you guess?

Anonymous said...

I think so. But I don't think he's one of my favourite instructors. Nonetheless, his adoring fans must be devastated...

Not too long ago, some senior instructor got suspended, or so I was told. Some guy told me it was also because of some customer's complaint.

Anonymous said...

i too heard the devastating news - i think it sucks -KG

MasterChef said...

It is good that the club is taking action to customer's complain. Feedback system is good.. but i think it needs to be a moderation la. Sometimes the customers themselves also a bit too much! Sigh...

No mood to go to classes anymore..