What does the baker do when she doesn't bake?
I was on leave on Friday. Because I simply needed a break from work and it's about time I catch up with ex-colleagues. So a full day without baking or decorating, I went to my lunch at KL Pavilion - paid RM9 for parking! Had a great time gossiping with old time buddies. Geezz... I miss them a lot. After that went to do some survey at an equipment supply shop, looks like I can get everything I want for TeaRoom there. Ended my full day outing with visiting the bakery supply shop near my house.
Today I decided that I won't bake too - and tomorrow will be torturing - and leave everything till tomorrow. Oh well, I only have a birthday cake (chilled cheesecake, no need to bake) and one box of cupcake order. Should be okay lah. Oh, having tea at Mid Valley with my PiC (partner in crime) whom I've not seen nor partnered in gym for a long loooong time. So today after leaving my car at the service centre, I went to The Gardens with MC and BIL to have lunch, before that a dose of my daily caffeine at Starbucks. I think whenever I'm near to MC, I get her morning sickness and pregnant symptoms. Very sleepy, slight motion sickness and kept burping.
Meanwhile, heard from office that one of my new colleagues had resigned, left on the same day. The reason (so I heard) was she has problem working with us (I heard "us" includes everyone and I'm not surprise I am one of her big "problems") and she left without saying goodbye to anyone. Well, talk about having problem with us, perhaps it's us who had problem with her. Well, we DO have problem with her. End of story. I'm glad I get to tell her off before she resigned. Now, the witch is still there, she better behave herself, or else.... mwah hahaha...
Maybe I don't really have to express TeaRoom plan so much then.
I am trying to confirm an order for a wedding. If it is confirmed, there will be order for 360 pieces of mini cupcakes and a 3 tier wedding cake. Looking forward to that, hopefully it's a deal!
Also working on a proposal for cookie supply, what do you think of these:
Coffee and Cream: Coffee flavoured cookie with chocolate; and chocolate cookie flecked with chopped nuts. These two flavours are baked into one cookie - A perfect combination of two worlds.
Stuffed Date Cookies: A brown sugar-sour cream cookie encapsulates a pecan-stuffed date in each of these chewy cookies.
Chocolate Cherry Cookies: Bright red cherries buried in a chocolaty dough, topped with chocolate frosting.
Almond Bars: Almond-studded cookie sticks with a drizzle of almond icing.
Okay, lets do with four for now. The thing is, the client is looking for something which will be packaged into festive hampers, so can't be just a chocolate chip cookie. And too bad the client is not looking at biscotti, I've some new found recipes which sound soooo delicious, like chocolate-toffee biscotti, tea-scented breakfast biscotti, ginger cocoa biscotti, tiramisu biscotti, cherry rum, cranberry-orange, mocha-hazelnuts... wah... I'm very tempted to make all these myself. Too bad I don't really have so much time.
Also, I see the need of introducing a less sweet topping for the cupcakes, maybe butter cream instead of butter icing. But this will be very erm... buttery. Not sure if kids will like it though. As for my "signature" milk chocolate cake, it's too sweet for some customers, so considering introducing a dark chocolate cake also. Will see how.
Again, I wish I have more time to experiment!
3 comments:
^_^ i am constantly walking around with this motion sickness. Not really fun... all moms told me that once you see the baby everything is worth it. I really do hope so...
Anyway, it was great to hang out yesterday.
Definitely worth it lah. You are creating joy for so many people around you. :)
Harlo...
Just a note to say hi. Been lazy to read everything before me, but i do check this space whenever i can.
hope u had a good bowling session the other day wif your mates.
Cya soon...
-yer lazy blog ed-
Post a Comment