Just the day before my planned resignation day, I had butterfly in my stomach, fluttering for excitement! Finally, the day I longed for has arrived, after that I can see freedom and happiness.
Then the unexpected news that my grandpa passed away...
The resignation was delayed for one day, it was supposed to be delayed for 2 days as I was planning to take 2 days off work. But unfortunately, I had to conduct this training on Tuesday morning which ridiculously no one else can conduct, and these colleagues of mine won't even offer to call to postpone the training (one of them gave me the number instead!!!). Grr... out of irritation and rage, I told them fine, I will go! So might as well report to work half day, and also at the same time tender my resignation letter.
All those drama which I expect, all the getting ready for annoying remarks and mind torturing questioning.... did not happen. My so called exit interview was only 2 minutes, with the big boss telling me to prepare handover... and a casual "where are you going?"
After telling boss that I'm not going anywhere, just taking a break, he said "Ohh no job yet is it? Okay lah..."
So that's done.
Everyone thought and expect that my boss will try to ask me to stay. But I guess not this boss and besides, he knew well that there was nothing else he could offer me and most importantly, he knew that he doesn't need me there anymore. Might as well change new blood for the company so to speak. You see, another colleague of mine who was the longest serving employee, tendered her letter the same time as I did. So that made 2 of the company's longest serving staff. So yeah, the company will be flowing new blood in June.
After all the joy, now I'm feeling a bit lost in direction. I have not been unemployed for a long long time... It is scary to be unemployed and not knowing how much income I will be getting and whether I will have enough money to start TeaRoom when I finally get a suitable location.
I think I will be selling cupcakes at pasar malam soon... do come support k. :)
4 comments:
Hang in there!
Tho many things are happening right now, be strong and you can pull thru :)
*Oi...your TeaRoom should be in Pavi or Gardens la. But just in case, which pasar malam? :P
hehehe... the pasar malam i am aiming is the Bazaar at Plaza Mt Kiara every Thursday ^^
It was indeed a brave move, sometimes we just know when the time has come, don't we? :) dont worry, my dear. I am sure that things will eventually fall into place! ;) stay open!
I am back!!!
Post a Comment