Woah... the Saturday pump was real tough, and Hobbes said it was tougher the week before? Can that be possible? I used all my usual weights, plus, I've gone crazy with shoulder track. Even though, knowing that my shoulder is the weakest after biceps, I used the 7lb dumbell instead of the 2.5kg plates. I know that is not like a lot different, but my shoulder was screaming even before half the track. The chest track was really tough till I had to give up a few pushes... The rest, I can't remember, only remember that I was all the time hoping for the tracks to end sooner... But you were right Hobbes, no matter how much we hate the torture (and you? no lah, how can we ever hate you?) we felt great after the class!
After class, continue to search for the mangoes... went to a fruit stall near where I planned to have my hair cut, but none. Stopped by at the supermarket down the street, and yay, they do have mangoes, but.... not so ripe, and by the look of it, not going to be sweet... but I guess I just have to make do.
Waited one hour for my turn at the hair dresser's despite me making an appointment!
Although running late after my hair cut, I still went to Great Eastern Mall, need to get supplies for my baby piggy. So, I might as well stop by Cold Storage... and WOAH!!! Loads of dark orange colour mangoes! All ripe! Looking Sweet! (and they were sweet, really sweet)
Phew...
xxxxxxxxx
THE SCIENCE BEHIND DISH WASHING
I meant create an entry for last weekend activities, but only till now I could find time...
I was in for a volunteer at a dharma event. My aunty was in charge of a section and she told us she didn't have enough manpower because not many volunteers seemed to be interested or willing to be involve in her section... mum and I thought, it's supposed to be a volunteer work for good deed, for self cultivation, and more so, we should really help out with the task least disire by others. So there I was for the whole of last weekend.
I arrive at the "scene" on Saturday morning, and realized this funny scenario: 2 filled mineral water bottle tied to the water rubber hose...? Later I found out, the "science" behind it:
To keep the water hose downAnd later this:

Containers to go through the "flour water" first to get rid of oil, then into the soapy water, next, rinse, and another final rinse. The containers will then be sent to a section where it will be wipe dry.

The "Crime Scene"
"end product" - clean containers ready for useWe were suppose to wash up the plastic containers for re-using. Meals were always provided during dharma event, and for event where Venerable Master Chin Kung is giving his lecture, the number of audience was always very very high. So, the organizer bought 25,000 pieces of plastic containters for the use of packing meals - lunch and dinner. Beakfast were bread which didn't require plastic container. Since it was a 5 day event, there were at least 10 meals being served, therefore, recycling of plastic container will definately help with preserving the environment and reducing wastage.
So, at one time we were washing like 8 thousand containers - box and lid. My cousin who was there to help out her mother said she had not wash so much containers in a year, well, I told her, make it a million years! Seriously...
One of the lunch boxes
Some of the cooked dishes.
30 over rice cookers in order to cater the number and size of meals 
Assembling meal packs
The result of 2 days of washing was very painful butt because we were sitting on hard low stools. It was very tiring for the arms and fingers too. However, like any other volunteer tasks, once completed with full effort, we will be filled with full contentment too. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment