Friday, October 12, 2007

Thursday Combat @ Axis

We were too shy to shout cuz we were being assessed...

Well, the combat master was being assessed by Shades, but we were also being "observed" in a way since there was a master of the master, neither focusing in cueing the class nor suffering from the strenuous kicking and punching. So, what other things to do besides observing everyone in the class other than the combat master on the stage? - well, I could be wrong, but that was the kind of illusion I got. So as a result, we were extremely careful to not attracting attention by keeping ourselves as invisible and noiseless as possible.

Nonetheless, one just can't help with the kiahs when it comes to favorite old tracks right? So what??!! Sexy reminded me of Shen, together with Farid, it's about time you gals make your appearance again. Thursday combat is not quite the same during Ramadan.

There is always this thing about taking spot test in Master C's combat classes... you will be tested for memory - must be able to perform some moves on your own without cue from the master during the second set; most commonly, you will be tested for sense of direction - although the combat master points right, you actually HAVE to know that you are supposed to shuffle to your left.

And I've also painstakingly learnt that you must know where to stand in class to avoid potential mishaps - but this is advance level cuz you would never be able to forecast any position change, or additions squeezing in front of, or positioning themselves within close (too close) proximity to you.

I felt like I was a magnet in this recent combat class. It is common to feel like sardines in Master C's class, but it was not about having limited space, it was about people keep "attaching" themselves to you, you know what I mean?

I know it's bad of me to complain since everyone pays membership fees, but I just couldn't stop myself for being in my extreme irritated mood when someone was inconsiderate (blur?) and endangering. Though the sexy track is one of my favorites, I couldn't help being turned-off when I had DangerousMan's feet less than an inch from my face during back kicks (wei I have long legs too what, you don't see me extending my feet to someone else's face), while the owner of the said feet was not even looking back (Hey, it's back kick okay!) to see where he's kicking! Humphhhh...

Lucky enough, was not in peril of anyone kicking me during the conditioning track because DangerousMan did his at the far front corner. I wonder if it was because DangerousMan saw Stan hand-gesturing the far distance between him and me during the later part of the class, when I had tried to position myself in a far safer spot possible. Haha...

After sweating out and burning unwanted calories, I've entertained a few combaters with chocolate cake for the first time. Glad you guys/ gals liked it, though I could see Stan struggling slightly to flush down the cake. Thanks Eli for "taking care" of the extra pieces of cakes. This chocolate cake recipe can be very children-friendly.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

well... i have to say that he is blessed that his members are them hardcores or at least regulars. if they are mostly newbies, like some other instructors always have in their classes, then the memorize-chorey-trick thing is such a BAD idea and he could be one of the less fav instructors for doing that.

that's why i said, he is BLESSED. hopefully he counts his bless everyday and not taking it for granted. :-)

Anonymous said...

Hey Bel...many thanks for the cakes, the moment I stepped into the car, they wanted to grab it. Finally, manage to reach home nicely and they were happy to finish all up.

Eli