Hong Kong gives me different feel this trip. I am rather disappointed with a few too many things:
- The service of the hotel, which I've stayed for 3 times, has dropped. Or perhaps it was just that particular front desk staff who was a little defensive, and he was the one who told me I cannot check into my room until one and a half hours later. Hey, I arrived at almost 4pm, not like 12pm!! Never even offer any drinks, didn't suggest that I can go shopping first while they took care of my baggage. Only said they can help me send my bag to my room when the room is ready. BUT you know what?? I arrived back at the hotel and I took my own bag to my room.
- The high street retail shops are not as good as I'd remember them, nothing to buy unless I want to buy expensive, but not even branded stuff. Perhaps they are branded but not branded enough for my to know.
- The breakfast place does not sell egg tart anymore. The shop that I got some egg tarts during my last last trip and the one which sis approved of, doesn't even exist anymore! I just managed to find one, Janette lead me there just now but hopefully they still have a few when I return. It's a bit far to get them just before my flight. But they are less than RM2.50 per tart so even if they are so bad, it's at least SOME egg tart...
- The cookie shop, 奇华 ONLY has honeydew filling butter cookies. They said no more stock store wide! Ahhh... that bad?? And of course that meat floss thingy that had been out of stocks the last time we came, is still out of stock, or non existence.
- The bowl noodles that I wanted to get only has one flavour. No other better choice.
- The clothes are much more expensive than the last time, I only manage to get 2 pairs. HOWEVER, the sale at G2000 was really good. The shirt that Aunty wants me to get for Uncle were from HK$220 to HK$79 and HK$99. Less than RM40 per shirt! Is good deal.
- I am at Starbucks near Star Avenue, BUT not the one that is in the middle of the place overseeing the sea. Why? Because apparently, it is too hot to be seating at the top floor during day time! It's not as great as I'd imagine.
- iWanted to get iPhone 4 but no more stocks, even waiting list at Apple store is 3 weeks away, at least. BUT just got a good news of other source of getting one. FINGER CROSSED!
Lastly, though I wasn't expecting to, there is no MFG here to cheer my up after all my disappointments.
At least one happy thing is that I got the Chinese wording cutters that I want. I can later do Chinese "happy birthday" and I can cut out 福,寿,大吉 which will be great for Chinese new year as well :)
Looks like it might rain and I don't have an umbrella, and the hotel is at least 20 minutes walk away! So I better log off and go now.
No comments:
Post a Comment