Monday, August 23, 2010

Tetris

Breakfast at corner shop last week while waiting for aunt who was at the clinic

Last few days was really havoc schedule... yeah, it was a continuation of my previous post situation. I was so busy and it wasn't just about working long hours, it was about having to do a few things at the same time, and everything becomes priority. Normally, once I start with my cake decorations, it will take all the time from me, but meanwhile, the other urgent stuff becomes more urgent! But if I don't start with my decorations, I will have nightmare that I have nothing to deliver to my customers!!

So at one point it felt like I was playing a game of Tetris, and I was clearing space at the top last 2 rows, and I don't know what will be thrown at me adding to the already limited space to breath. And at a certain point I wonder if I should just game over it and start fresh - ya, I wish I can start fresh with real life games. You know that feeling? MC certainly will. :)

Today, I skipped my routine morning RPM just to get a few extra bonus hours, I managed to clear 1.5 out of 3 items that I need to urgently do today - the 0.5 because I have left out the heads of my 3 figurines, to be completed tomorrow. I am doing 5 figurines for 1 cake, can you believe it? It is really hectic, these human figurines. I hope the frogs will be easier on me (finger crossed).

I have delivery tomorrow, Wednesday and Thursday. 2 meetings on Wednesday and all deliveries require me to go out of the way to deliver. One customer called me at 10pm Sunday wanting to order for Tuesday. I really wish I could but I had to tell him I cannot make it. My friend who ordered from me for Wednesday told me this morning miscommunication, she wants her cake on Tuesday. "Miscommunication" between who and who?? Tuesday is fine but I have to change my plan from full day concentration on orders to perhaps a 2 hour outing just to deliver a cake... sigh.

I am getting orders for next week, and the week after. I feel so blessed, but this means I most certainly am not able to take Raya orders. I don't feel like baking pineapple tarts this Raya but that means I won't be able to give that out as Raya gift! Argghhh... Seems like friends and family are always the ones to be sacrifice for business.

I won't be seeing MFG this week but I hope I will see him in HK :)

No comments: