Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Did you know?



I was on FB and I kept seeing links to pictures I took with you, so I clicked into some of them. They reminded me that we used to spend so much time together those days. So many lunch alone with you, and I wished I had that special feelings towards you from day one, at least I would have enjoyed being alone with you in a different and special way more times. Those were the days when you were my lunch "sponsor" including driving me around for lunch all the time. Did you know that actually some of the later lunch became really special for me? I love the way I feel when you bought me pineapple because you knew that it's my favorite fruit.

I used to make you my number one guinea pig. Did you know that some of the items were not "experiments"? Most items were those I knew I can make very well. Did you know how contented I felt whenever I managed to make something you like to eat?

At one point I was making fruit juices for you almost every morning, and I told you I was making for me and sis anyways and will give you the extras. Did you know that it wasn't entirely true? I had purposely made extra for you. I still remember that some nosy people in the office was trying to interrogate you for the source of your supply but since you promised me not to say, you let them think it was someone else. :)

Although I really like the way I feel when I see you everyday for the whole day, I really thought it was best that you left. Did you know when I first learnt that you wanted to leave, I was in such despair I cannot begin to describe? Especially when someone told me you wanted to leave the country.

Looking at one those pictures of ours, it reminded me that what I like most about you is not your achievements, or your personality, or your looks (although I really do love them all) but it was about who I am - how I feel whenever I am with you, how I look when I am beside you... I can see it from the pictures - I can see myself looking so beautiful until I cannot take my eyes off myself.

I miss me - the one with the contented face beside yours.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is so well written. :)

That s true, we like the person for who they are, also for who we are when we are with them..

TTB said...

Thank you thank you Anon whom I know who you are :). Though I spotted some mistakes in the post that I am lazy to correct haha...

Some people can bring out the best in us ^^

Anonymous said...

ello ello...
just had time to check this place out. Been mayhem here at work,
wat do i say...? except that deep down i wish u all d best in 2011. May u find contentment in everything that u do.

Hugz
LGM

cheeky girl said...

Beautifully written... Remember to count our blessings and everything happes for a reason.. xoxo