Monday, January 3, 2011

Happy New Year!



Again, how come end of year is the time to review "KPIs" for the whole year and new year is to set new (recycle) resolutions?

Oh well, here goes... 2010 has been a year of many changes for me. Biggest risk I took was resigning from my full time job to be full time baker. Okay, not exactly for the first few months, but it is now. Income has been really unstable, it is really scary. With lesser courage, I would have jumped back into the rat race already. But for now, I feel that so long as I believe in what I do and have faith, things will work out with God answering our prayers. I do not know what is set forth for me career wise, I don't even know if I am able to get an ideal space to start up TeaRoom anytime soon or not. But it does seem logic, and the only way to have TeaRoom store front set up this year, in 2011. Finger crossed.

Another major change in life is the moving out of sis, BIL and baby from this house. It gave a really "empty" feeling at first. I even cried a lot when I first learnt of this arrangement, that time mainly because of mum who has resulted in this move. But to think of it, this is actually a good arrangement, mum although appeared to be cruel, but she has done a big favour. Sis should really have her own place, a place that belongs to her and her family to do whatever she likes with freedom she couldn't get when she was with me. Besides, there was really not enough space for 3 of them in my house. I was expecting mum to have moved out too last year, but that major change has been reserved for year 2011. I didn't ask her when so I'm not sure myself what's the plan.

With the above two changes alone, my life has changed tremendously from everyday routine to spending, to lifestyle... It's really uncertain but I will have faith :).

As for MFG, he is still my favorite guy. So many people told me to give up, some said hope is there... I don't want to begin to analyse the situation or how I feel or anything like that. The fact is, whether I give up or not is not the issue here... I'll just let MFG be where he is now and wait, wait for the right guy to appear. Or I'll just stay put at where I am. I guess I spent so many years wishing and hanging on to the idea of being single that I might need equally many years to wish OUT of that. Warrrhggg... That would be say another 20 years or so... a long wait indeed! LOL!

"KPI" for 2011? No, nothing... will see how it goes and take things one at a time. Will deal with it when I need to. As for now, right now, there is CNY bake to "look forward" to. What a year - the past and the coming one!

No comments: