I've not joined combat for what must have been 2 weeks? Back to Monday combat at TC just on time for the new release. I was of course, really blur in the class and my combat moves looked more like perhaps latin dance moves.
I was suppose to drop this Monday's class because I was feeling a bit sick since Sunday night. But mum told me there was no water supply at home, so I was planning to just utilize the facilities at gym (fully utilizing of membership). But ended up in the class, half class.
Really had no clue why Farid kept telling me "shut up and..." ok, whoops... I forgot what she told me to do after shutting up haha... I later realized it was the lyrics - for the track I did just before I left the class.
When I finally did the full class yesterday at MML, I was really glad that I didn't stay on for Muay Thai on Monday night with my "less fit" condition. This new release is really quite tough. What more with loads of jump kicks, which is what I do worst.
There's also this really "cool" (confusing) track where we side kick to the front; front knee to the right; and back kick to the left; all these while also trying to add in the singing. Of course I couldn't manage and miss the moves big time, which I thought was quite ok unless spotted by the teacher (which is not difficult considering my size and height humphh). And, the power track was really great torture (training) to the upper body, I would have given up my upper cuts if not being forced (motivated).
Push-up, conditioning track - scream!
By the way, the spinning kick was cool! But only demonstrated by the combat master on Monday, perhaps that should remain as just a demonstration by the teacher, no way I would be able to do that.
Too bad I was standing a bit far from the gals hence less shouting and definitely less fun (I didn't want to block the others). Added on to my misery was an Uncle Timing-out standing at real close proximity. I really must choose where to stand wiser the next time. Nonetheless, of course the class was really high in spirit with Farid the lead-shouter and Steve who was full of his usual energy, fueled up further perhaps by his great birthday celebration.
Might have to stick to this class until old tracks are allowed back into my planned Tuesday body jam class, that is unless I want to "loose my knees" try doing the new release.
4 comments:
wooo... really so tough a?
actually the moves are fundamental... but the repetition makes them not so easy to do.
:-)
May I know why my cake always sink and my muffin never rise and fluffly
woot ! I did for the first time the other day and thought this combat release has gone back to more basic moves, yet tough and challenging. Really works your heart.
Likes its
Post a Comment