Thursday, December 4, 2008

Expect the unexpected... ?

I was 2 minutes before reaching home and I heard a loud bursting sound. Finger crossed it's just perhaps the car running over some containers. Shortly after that, I heard some flapping sound from the back of the car. Sigh... flat tyre.

Reached home and as the saying says, being lucky amidst unlucky event, BIL was at home and he changed my tyre. No wonder it has been nagging me the passed few weeks about not pumping air into my spare tyre. Yeah, so the spare tyre was quite deflated, had to pump air first thing this morning.

Anyways, I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw what caused the tyre to puncture...




Picture a bit dark, hope you are able to see that rather, erm, blunt spanner stuck on the tyre. Some more it's punctured at the side and not the surface in contact with the road. It really looked like someone shot that onto my tyre while I drove passed. Humph... RM400 down the drain. Changed one pair of tyre for the front.

MFG called me to check on my "condition" after I've text to tell him "flat tyre". So sweet right? And as Carebear said, we are bias, some special people actually get something like 10000000 points immediately by doing such small gesture. Haha...

Meanwhile, "worked" until midnight last night. A huge box of cupcakes in making, consisting 4 large, 10 medium and 48 mini cupcakes.

Preview.





7 comments:

MasterChef said...

You are getting good with your rose ^_^

You forgot to mention that you also took back a toad HEE...

BaBy OcTopUs said...

This got my nomination for freak/weird accidents of the year. Imagine a spanner puncturing your tyre. Imagine that!

Glad that you're OK though. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I chanced upon your blod and I'm impressed with your cupcakes. I tried to look for your email but it's n/a? Anyway, would you be interested in taking an order for 100pcs of cupcakes required on 19/12 (Fri)? I am located in PJ, btw. Please reply me (or if you need more information) at vthping(at)gmail(dot)com. Thanks!

TTB said...

Anonymous, I've just sent you an email to your email address from my personal address. But if you didn't get it, email me at thetearoombaker@live.com.my.

MC, roses needs practice. U want roses on your anniversary cake?

BO, it was really freaky. I cannot imagine how that can happen if you guys can't! Must be very careful, mum is constantly giving me reminders already!

Anonymous said...

Haiyoh...luckily you were so close to home! Glad nothing happened to you.

P/S: What do those Chinese words mean? Remind me of mahjong tiles...:P

MasterChef said...

Hmm.. but on my anniversary (8years! time flies!!!) we will be away wo...

ladynina said...

the pink rose look nice...