Sunday, August 16, 2009

Lifestyle modification

TA is feeling better... (Thanks LP for your concern). Visited TA this morning, together with MFG. I didn't bake TA anything because I wasn't sure what is it that he can or cannot eat, and whether he has the appetite to eat... So I made a TTB and gave just the TTB to him without any cake. It's a TTB in bandage reading a get well soon card. TA looked good, he said he could be discharged later the evening, not too bad for angioplasty.

While I was waiting for MFG at the lobby of Gleneagles, I came across the directory stating "Diet Counselling Centre", that reminded me of the "lifestyle modification" package at PCMC (MC told me). I suppose that is also something to do with weight management. TA told me since the passed 10 years, he'd changed his eating habits a lot and ask any of us from my ex-company and we can tell you how much weight he'd lost.

Sometimes we just have to give up certain thing for our health. As for me, I'd given up (almost) evening gym regime for my baking and TeaRoom biz. I've been going to the gym in the morning - reach gym at about 7.25am (haha... so precise) and finished off at about 8.10am to shower and get ready to go to work. With this schedule, I can still have the same hours of sleep (no need to wake up extra early). I tried going to the morning 7am RPM class the other day, but I was late even though I woke up earlier. I was extremely sleepy later that day and don't feel that energetic. So decided to drop the morning class arrangement.

It's some what different going to the gym in the morning. It's more serene and kind of slower pace. There are many people in the gym already early in the morning but not as many and as crowded as the evening time. It also made me feel good after a good sweat out in the morning. Besides, it made me feel good by knowing that I don't have to give up my workout routine altogether.

There is a delivery tomorrow, so will be going over to Damansara area, I will try to workout at TC so that I don't just drive all the way there to deliver one cake, very not profitable doing that. After that journey, I would have to prepare for another delivery, my aunty's order so she will come pick up from my house. Then I will be baking the cake which is for Tuesday delivery. (Swee, I'm not coming to Monday pump again, need to decorate the cake for the Tuesday delivery.)

LGM, doesn't look like I've got time to look into the chicken pie yet.

Okay, I better get some sleep.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG.... just written for us not to neglect health n here I go reading this post... lolx...

ermmm... NO mustard seed in my chicken pie ok....

Thkssssss

MasterChef said...

TTB is getting better and so adorable!!!!!!!!

Health is really important.. but a lot of us and a lot of times we have the opinion of 'eat first then worry later'. Or mom does. HA HA HA HA..

These days i am on strict order from the dr. to reduce carbo, no sweet things and more gentle exercise. After this baby i really need to look after my healthy to have the 2nd one so to have less problems.. hopefully. Well.. saying so, this pregnancy has been quite good la. Only high glucose level, leg cramps (some really serious ones!) and swollen legs. Which are all quite common for pregnancy. Heh....

TTB said...

Anonymous aka LGM - there's no mustard seed in the chicken pie recipe. You know why I drag with experimenting the chicken pie? I need to make 2 types of pastry first (the shortcrust pastry for the base and puff pastry for the top) then make the filling, then only I can start assembling the pie... It's a long process and needs a lot of time. :p

MC - I think once we are used to it, we won't have the cravings anymore... I don't feel like eating most of the time :p

Swee said...

Glad that TA is getting better.. ;)
No problem, I think I will still see toy on Tuesday morning? :)