Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Support

I was so touched when I got the "guinea pig" support from LGM and Swee. In fact LGM has given her comments on the chicken pies and the best thing about her comments is she told me what she dislike and like. So in this way, I would know what to improve and what not to change.

Swee has also taken 2 of the chicken pies even though she has her "numbers" to watch and achieve. Since I know that the fillings is not great, told her to just try the pastry because I think the pastry is also very important when it comes to pie besides the fillings.

MFG on the other hand, even though my official taster, told me that maybe I should not give the pies to him if I don't think it is nice because he doesn't want to get a bad first impression. Humph... and huh? bad first impression? I would have thought bad first impression will actually do "good" because version 2 of this pie onwards will taste better. So I guess like LGM has put it, MFG is the VIP taster, and perhaps he should be arranged to try the ultimate version only. But still, I could do with some "support", couldn't I?

I have asked my cousin sis to try for me, but don't think anyone at home can give me much help. I still see same number of pies at home this morning. I will be throwing them away when mum is not looking. Soon...

Next round I should make lesser quantity so I don't have to throw so much away. Okay, actually I shouldn't think that way, I shall aim to achieve a perfect version the next round!

Thanks again to guinea pigs!!! ;)

Here are the comments for my notes:

LGM said overall edible
- Pastry not as hard as stone to throw (LOL), not fluffy and brown enough. Good thing about dough not super oily and actually melts in your mouth (I think this is because I used unsalted butter and not those pastry margarine)
- Chicken filling, don't use mince meat, use diced
- No sweet corn and peas

Swee said she took more than one bite
- Pastry okay, buttery and salty enough (not sure whether will be too soft after heated)
- Chicken filling a bit plain and dry, don't put onions that she can taste the texture and don't chop mushroom too fine.

Okay, anything else to add? Lets take a break and I shall deliver version 2.

2 comments:

MasterChef said...

Hey! I did try the filling and give comments wo! I cannot eat the pastry due to my condition ah!
BIL also given comments wo, he said he likes the pastry more than the filling. Coming from a person who normally likes the vice versa.. the pastry must be good. We both think the filling is too dry.

TTB said...

okay okay, you guys did. 4 guinea pigs altogether for this project then. :)