I wonder if I can call myself an experience baker and no longer a beginner. I started baking when I was in primary school, completed a hotel and catering course WITH training in the commercial kitchens, delivered over a 100 orders this year... I think at least I can say I've enough experience.
Now, if you are a beginner reading this, and have been or is going through some really annoying moments on failures - sunken cakes, burnt cookies, make a mess handling icing, don't know what is a fondant... I hope you feel better after knowing that I had actually had 2 failures in a row just last night, and the worst? I was baking an item I was so, SO good in baking.
How come? Sometimes I think the risk of mistakes is higher for experience people. When you are so experience in something, you tend to be less detail. For example, I wouldn't double check the list of ingredients again (and therefore leaving something out if I haven't been baking that item for a long time), I don't take notes anymore (because I might think that I will remember), I don't check my stuff in baking for 10 times (will just leave it to bake, and before I know it, the stuff might be burnt). There are many more things you tend to leave out when you get more experience.
It is of course frustrating when you fail not an experiment, but an actual delivery. Especially when time is pressing, and it's like 3am in the morning... It doesn't take me any more faster either with my order preparations, I often work till 1 or 2 o'clock in the morning. But at the end of the day, when I get good feedback from customers, that's when I said to myself, all the effort and time, and sweat (literally) and tears (also literally) are all very worth it. And of course a little "jia you" message from MFG would be good lah at bad times. Hee... But of course with Carebear (Shall I still ust this blog name of yours?) saying she'll get me a Forever Friends for Christmas is also very motivating :). And LGM if she knows that I've got heavy baking schedule, she'll send me message to check if I was still "alive". Thanks dear, that helped! ;)
Back to the post topic, I think we should try to be careful and detail no matter how good we are in something. Also, sames goes to dealing with people, no matter how close we are with someone, I think we shouldn't be careless and must still try to give the attention to detail at all times. Don't you think?
;)
1 comment:
yup agree. We should always pay attention and give attention to our close ones. A lot of miscommunication or relationship failure is because we get too comfortable and not making enough effort.
Post a Comment