Thursday, September 6, 2007

Facebook Attack

I was spending quite sometime facebook-ing yesterday, during office hour! ("Illegally" of course).

Joint Facebook through invitation from FI. Didn't sign up immediately, quite lazy since the previous WYAN thingy was not exactly interesting for me. But later MasterChef told me this is an "in" thing and is a must join network, so then I joint.

What is Facebook ah? It's for friend networking with loads of applications to entertain ourselves. I realize that I've got to know a lot of people and especially effective to finally "put a name to the face".

One big difference between Facebook and blogging is the identities - we are all with real names in Facebook. If I were being asked to enter a "Facebook name" I wouldn't have used my full name. The name was given thinking it was just for signing up, but later found out that, that's going to be the name appearing in Facebook. Well, we would have to actually, otherwise when our friends try to search for us in the Facebook network, they won't be able to find us because they will never know what sort of nickname we use.

Anyways, join if you haven't and if you have a desk-bound job like mine, try not to get distracted with all the notification from Facebook.

No comments: