I've only been to 3 gym classes this week - 1 step, 1 BC and 1 BB. VERY bad. I can feel my waistline expanding and some excess bulging out from my jeans. BP would definitely have to be scheduled in. At one point I was doing 3 BP/ week consistently and even Hobbes commented that I looked slimmer (not that slim but slimmer lah). So I guess for me it has to be mainly BP and some cardio.
I went to BB today at LM because I want to company MC on Saturday at gym. She is of the opinion that she's not ready for the hardcore classes as yet, plus her tooth ache/ gum problem is not helping her case. So BB it is. (See, so I missed my usual Saturday BP. Anyways, it's instructor training and Hobbes was not teaching)
It's my bad habit of not motivated to join classes which instructors are not known to me. Today, however, I joined a class with this instructor for the first time, and I like her! I personally thinks she's very good, clear instructions no mistakes. Pleasant and confident. Above all, she was able to do all the post and I like the way she speaks - no funny accent, well spoken, not so high pitch and very clear.
BB to me is no sweat, literally. Or rather not much sweat, the sun salutation part could still be very "warming". I still prefer step class, or BP which gives me better result. But I like MC's company and I like the idea of us spending more time together. So hopefully she's able to "level up" and we could perhaps select a few more gym classes to join together. And, we are "reinstating" our Sunday squash session.
I realize when we grow up/ grow older our expectations and requirements change. Selection criteria for one (towards our "type" of guys) changes very significantly. I guess the very typical criteria we set last time (when we were young) will be, tall, good looking, well to do, 5 years older then us, has own house/ car, no tattoo, no ear piercing etc etc...
Like many of you said, and I too feel, criterion are not something we can and should hang onto so much. Sometimes, there is perhaps no such thing as the "type" of guy we like. When it comes to choosing (if we get to choose) a lifetime partner (or any partner) the more important concern is perhaps whether we "click".
By the way, this is not the best way to get to talk to a gal at the gym, so guys, please DON'T do this...
Outside studio waiting for class to commence.
Guy: Are you ___ing this class?
TTB: (heard "joining" this class) yeah...
Guy: blah blah blah
TTB: (Smile)
(meanwhile, got an elbow from MC)
Guy: Are you the instructor for this class?
TTB: (controlled very much not to drop her jaw) No........ She (indicating gal in studio, on stage) is the instructor.
If I ever come across an "instructor" who looks like me, my comment will be - why so flabby?
4 comments:
hee hee.. level up ah? Yeap yeap.. will be joining BP soon la.. but which day (weekday) i can join you wo? Where?
Criteria wise.. hmm.. let's see.. 5years older.. definately not already.. my hubby is in fact 1 week younger than me! Own a car,.. erm now he doesn.. a house? not yet...as for tall good looking.. ha.. tall definately.. good looking.. well beauty is in the eye of the beholder =p.. yup yup.. no tattoo no ear piercing ^_^
Oh ya, forgot, and no long hair... haha... those days.
hm.... No Tattoo and No ear pericing?? Hehehe... Well, dear.. u know why am I giggling ya. :P
Carebear: I know, I KNOW!!!! Those were those days lah!! hehe
Post a Comment