Friday, May 9, 2008

Insensitive

Mentioned to him about a friend waiting for an "answer" for about almost a year. I said, gosh, that's long. He disagreed that one year is a long time, and also reminded me that I seemed to have also waited for that someone for an answer for a long time. Whoopss... he's right, I think I waited longer, or about that time.

My case was different, I never told him I liked him.

If you had told someone how you feel about him, normally he would either admit that he has the mutual feelings; or he doesn't feel that way; or he doesn't know how he feels because he'd not thought about you this way. In the last situation, he would either suggest that you guys try going out and see how it feels, then take it from there... Or, sorry, don't think it will happen and it's better if we can be "friends".

Some people say you will be able to pick up the hint when someone likes you. Really? I say not.

People say when you like someone, you will go the extra mile, you will do the extra stuff, you will ask the person out - not just on normal outings, but maybe on some slightly more special occasion. Okay, but the person can always cover-up by trying to appear treating other people the similar way. So one will not necessary know the true feelings.

Even sometimes when hints ARE obvious because they are meant to be, the other person might not get it because he might be insensitive.

Further to the note on insensitive, he might be choosing to be insensitive. The reason - he doesn't want to develop the relationship further and it's better to appear not knowing that special feelings, in order to avoid "the conversation" to make things clear. It can be embarrassing. It might effect the current relationship. It might make situation too complicated to handle.

So normally people choose to wait - wait and see. Actually, I might also choose to wait - because I really don't want to know now.

Let me first train up my heart to be stronger. Then I might choose to find out.

Till then...

3 comments:

ladynina said...

i choose to find out.. not easy but it wont make me feel miserable too long.. say, its mutual then both happy. say it's not, yea, it hurts + embarrassing but i can move on quicker.. again not easy & one has to prepare mentally for that, should the news is bad. hmmm...

anyways, all the best in conveying your true feeling. choose to find out. it will make your life easier..

Anonymous said...

I agreed. But sometimes, you will not get an answer even you choosed to find out... :)

TTB said...

In normal circumstances, or if I were to be my "old" self, I would choose to find out too. As I'm not facing some major problem not knowing the truth, I think I'll lay back and give it more time. Sometimes, we just need to the right timing.

The thing about answer, yeah, you are right... you don't ALWAYS get answer by just asking. Especially when the person doesn't have the answer.

It can be such agony sometimes.