Monday, September 1, 2008

Bread Pudding for Pool Party


After the last farewell party at SC and Bernsy's, I thought perhaps I'll make the chocolate cake or chocolate cupcakes for the second farewell party - which we just had last night! But due to limited time (had to prepare cake for my last cake decoration class) I had to choose a less time consuming option. My all time favorite (other than the brownies) would be the bread pudding which doesn't take too much time to prepare. The only challenge normally will be getting the croissants to make the pudding. Croissants are normally popular item and will be sold off in the bakery very soon, so must get to bakery early in order to grab some.

I was also up to trying out my new "toy". Actually it's not that new, MC bought this for me when she came back. In fact, I've used the ramekins that came with it and I've only not used the torch before.

Wanted to use it to caramelize the brown sugar on top of the pudding.

Okay lah, not too bad, but I must sieve the brown sugar the next time to get a more even colour on the surface. Actually, I think it's actually better still, using the oven.

Finally the vanilla sauce, with a little bit of brandy.



No comments: