Monday, September 1, 2008

The Pool Party

Was invited to SC and Bernsy's second farewell party last night. This time, MC and BIL were able to come along. That actually allowed me to indulge myself in a few more drinks because BIL can drive us home after the party. Hehe... And guess what? We had an open bar last night, complete with a professional bartender! The drinks were all so delicious.

We (I) were rather hungry when we arrived. Since Bernsy and a few were already eating, we started to help ourselves with food too. And lucky enough, other food, I mean guests, arrived at that same time too. So we got KFC, Burger King and some delicious food from Carebear - a mixed green salad with cheese and balsamic vinaigrette dressing and pasta.

I also got to see how this very famous (heard about it a long time ago) Twister game is played. It's fun looking at them play but I wasn't sure if I am "skillful" (and slim) enough to twine and interweave my-(rather big)-self between others. There might be casualties if I try to go above someone to reach my designated colour spot, with the designated limb. Nevertheless, it was really fun watching, although only one game was played. Maybe no one else dare to join the game because someone will be thrown into the pool. Haha...

It was a fun party and we were all well fed, with both food and drinks. It must have been me not drinking for a long time, I had headache the whole day today, until I got myself a Starbucks Latte. Perhaps it's just caffeine withdrawal, it can't be a hangover, I only had 4 drinks.

MC, BIL and I were at Mid Valley after we (MC and me only) had diligently done our workout at LM - body combat which we had felt extremely satisfied with the amount of sweat, and of course the calories (we assumed) we had burnt.

We were at the shopping mall because I was hoping to get a comfortable walking shoe which is also versatile and presentable enough to go with my casual jeans outfit and dresses. Although I was also one of those who complain about the overpriced shoes at Crocs, I couldn't help but to agree that they do have really comfortable shoes. However, the colour might be a bit too fashionable - shall I get a pair of purple Crocs?

We decided to think about it before we purchase, the shoes are RM139 and above, the ones we might potentially buy is priced at RM169. Not in my comfort zone considering it's casual wear.
However, I did find myself a little something, RM29.90 which is not bad at all.

This chocolate mousse gateau looks really interesting. :)

2 comments:

SC said...

HEhehehe...we only recovered today!

MasterChef said...

It was really great party! Relaxing but fun.. enjoyed the company and the food a lot!!!

THANKS for the invitation!!!