Friday, September 10, 2010

Taking a break...

Starbucks 尖东, Hong Kong


It has been a really busy week. At first the week has been booked for some birthday cakes, the normal weekly traffic. Later there was a bigger order of 7 boxes from a single customer. I took that order at first thinking that she wanted to break the minimum order into several small boxes. Ended up 7 big boxes. It was really tiring.

I had also spent a huge amount of time trying to settle a few critical matters for my secret project. It has been tough decision making and trying to get hold of people in the other end of the globe during midnight and early in the morning.

Lack of sleep made the mind grew so tired and cloudy. There has been a time when I baked one whole portion of cupcakes extra; and I baked a cake in a wrong tin size had to bake another one; one of the cakes my cousin helped me baked went wrong, I baked that again towards midnight; the figurines were taking longer time to make; there were lesser details on the work.

I have decided that I need to shut down and reset. So apparently this is a job which requires long hour AND a clear focus mind. I declined a few orders for this week, the last one was the customer who called on Thursday afternoon for an order on Saturday. On "normal" days, I could have taken the order, but it was a very busy Thursday, I was still trying to complete Barney and friends, and after which I need to prepare 3 other boxes of cakes for party and giveaway. The request in question was for a Barbie... geezz... human figurine, I don't think I can even focus my eyesight for the job. If I had taken the job, I would be making Barbie right now thinking that it might collapse onto the cupcake for not being dry and sturdy enough.

It is sometimes hard to say no and it's hard to put a stop on things, but I realize you just have to sometimes. I put up an FB status before I had decided what to do with that last minute order, and everyone cheered me on, saying that I can do it. MFG on skype told me, if I really needed a break, then it is better to reject the order. I guess he had seen me in my really tired state before and can see that I must rest. At the end I told the customer I was really sorry... I hope she found a better baker.

I need to get back to my gym routine hopefully next week. I don't have orders for next week and I hope to keep it that way for now so that I can rest and workout again. Those strength I built should be gone by now, 3 weeks of missing from gym. And today I went to an open house, with me in my old baju which fits me nicely!!! Ahhhh... I put on the new one at first and the waist must have been 2 inches smaller!!! This was the case where I was upset because I could fit into my old clothes. :(((

I said I missed MFG because he couldn't make it to the open house today. It felt like I haven't seen him for a long time, but in fact I only just saw him last week. I put up a message on my MSN saying "What do I do when I cannot tell you that I miss you?" and one of my friends could guess who I missed. It has been so long already...

I need sleep.

(I accidentaly published this on the TeaRoom blog just now!!! Used wrong ID. I hope no one was so quick to read it :p)

No comments: